Farming is a major source of income for many families in the Marshfield area. Sadly, agriculture remains a dangerous profession and lifestyle. As a result, these jobs frequently result in injuries.

People who get hurt on farms have the right to seek compensation for their losses, including necessary medical care expenses, lost wages, and payments for reduced quality of life. A Marshfield farm accident lawyer is prepared to review your case and build a powerful claim for compensation against the people responsible. Call our experienced personal injury attorneys today to learn more.

Typical Examples of Farm and Agricultural Accidents

Unfortunately, farms can be dangerous places. Whether a person is a farm employee or owns farmland, they can suffer significant injuries that result from their normal job duties. However, when these injuries are the product of another person’s negligence, filing a claim for compensation might be an option. Common examples of these situations include:

  • Tractor accidents, such as rollovers
  • Motor vehicle collisions that occur on the farm
  • Injuries caused by dangerous or defective agricultural machines
  • The carelessness or recklessness of fellow workers

In other scenarios, farm accidents happen when agricultural vehicles and normal cars cross paths on local highways. There are many farmers who need to navigate freeways on their tractors while they are planting and harvesting. Often, drivers do not treat these vehicles with the care they deserve. Crashes between tractors and cars can be devastating, resulting in serious injury or a wrongful death.

Conversely, if a farmer takes their tractor on the highway at night without proper signage or lights, they could cause a serious crash with a car or truck. Regardless of what happened, a hardworking attorney in Marshfield can work to assemble a case that proves exactly who is responsible for a farm injury.

Collecting Compensation Through Insurance Settlements or Civil Claims

Anyone who gets hurt in an accident deserves the payments needed to make things right, especially if another individual’s careless actions caused the harm. Farm accidents are no exception to this rule. After an agricultural injury, some people might look to an insurance policy for financial compensation. However, others might seek monetary damages through a civil claim.

In both situations, compensation could include repayment for medical bills and other concrete losses. In addition, many farm injury claimants also demand compensation for lost income and reduced quality of daily life.

Unfortunately, state law creates a strict time limit for people to demand compensation following an accident on a farm. According to Wisconsin Statute § 893.54, plaintiffs must file a claim within three years from the date of an injury. However, this time limit may be extended depending upon the circumstances. A farm accident lawyer can ensure an injured person in Marshfield files their claim within the legally established time limit, to obtain the maximum compensation possible.

Contact a Marshfield Farm Accident Attorney Today

Farming and other agricultural accidents are common. For instance, injuries can result from motor vehicle accidents or the misuse of heavy machinery. You deserve compensation if you were hurt while working on or visiting a farm.

A Marshfield farm accident lawyer may be able to help you to collect these payments. From day one, our hardworking legal team is prepared to evaluate your rights, investigate the cause of the accident, measure your losses, and help you get the compensation you deserve. Reach out now to get started.

Contact a Wausau Personal Injury Attorney Today

If you are recovering from an injury, you need to focus on regaining your health. You should not have to negotiate with stubborn insurance companies or compromise with a defendant.

A Wausau personal injury lawyer could lessen the stress and complications associated with collecting compensation, allowing you to recover fully. Call today to learn more about your options.

    How Can We Help?